Friday, October 23, 2009

I Watched "Saw VI"... So Sue Me...


Yeah I know... I went against my principles and checked out the latest "Saw" film. The film industry and the producers of this franchise always have a way of getting me to sit through the latest installment, and I'm still not sure how I feel about it.

"Saw VI" picks up where the last movie left off, Agent Hoffman has escaped after killing Agent Strahm and he thinks he is safe from the police and whatnot. What he figures out is that the police (his colleagues) are actually on to him, and this ques him to set up another game with even more victims.

Unlike the pile of garbage that is "Saw V," the sixth installment actually has some redeeming parts in it. For one, there is a lot of tension and nail-biting moments. The traps are elaborate and sinister (the carousel is probably the most nuts), and the opening sequence actually had me squirming in my seat. Although "Saw" fans have come to expect that, this one may have "Saw" veterans' stomachs churning.

Surprisingly, the gore isn't that extreme (aside from the opening), and I was happy that "Saw VI" actually continued the story for the audience. This is what we really want because "Saw V" dropped the ball BIG TIME!

Anyway, we finally learn "what's in the box," and we get to see some of the loose ends of Jigsaw's scheme come to pass. The film plays out nicely as a new installment, but it never really offers anything new.

"Saw VI" is for the fans. I'm not sure I'm one of them anymore... I just want to know how it ends DANG IT!

Newbies to the franchise, stay away from this one, and go watch the first installment. "Saw" fanatics will eat this one up indefinitely. I have to warn you though, it's nothing new, but it has a few exciting moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment